Friday, January 18, 2008

WALKABOUT: In which the love of my life is explored

Oh Locke. Ohhhhh I love you. I remember how great it was when I was worried you were going to break my heart and be evil somehow. Dudes are having a pretty fierce argument about whether or not to burn the bodies. Jack's being super-utilitarian, and Sayid's all "we should figure out what these dead people would want" and Jack says "We don't have time to sort out everybody's god".
Way to go, ecumenical Sayid.

Jack's Gay-like Neckerchief time!
John's giving the Boar Speech! Way to go! It is weird how against hunting Sawyer is. Such a study in small contrasts.

Locke's adding machine sounds like the monster.

So what I love about this season is the easy pervasiveness of sentimentality and sweet humanness and the novelty of the outdoors and the adventure of it all. It does turn as the seasons go by, and some of the turning is sort of awkward. We can look back and see that it was necessary but it's nice to go back and think of the better days gone by.

Locke is wearing a hot hunting vest. And it's time to clip my fingernails.

"Shut up, Randy Nations" says Aurora. We're eating a few teddy grahams, and there are already 7 soda cans on the table. BRING IT ON.... "Where one derives strength from the earth and becomes inseperable from it..." That's what Locke says a walkabout is, and that's what happens to him on the Island.

I love the footshots of him. Love the gold toe socks.

And so Charlie and Hurley become friends while fishing. I love how it just seems like the actors are having fun. Time to read some Harry Potter.

Shannon is way rough on Boone. "Go rescue a baby bird or something." She really thinks he is a sissy.

Man the first time Jack sees his dad by the tree is terrifying....Not much happens in this episode. I love it though. It's what I'm saying about the first season. It's totally slowpaced, and episodes really flow into each other. It's like they have all the time in the world. And it is nice.

And a little secret between me and you. I get tired of "Don't tell me what I can't do." Double negative much?

The end of Disc 1. Woot. Time to get the mattress out!

No comments: